Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Getting ready- less than two weeks!

Hello all!
So- it is now a mere 11 days till I head to O'Hare for a 9 hour flight over to Sweden and it is really starting to sink in that I will be going to another country for 4 months. As of yesterday- I began working on getting stuff packed and getting all of the remnants of unneeded items stored away. Much to my dismay (and perhaps my rommates' dismay) the downstair section of the apartment is a massive mess. I'm also hopefully going to get some time to perform volunteer work at my church- which has been a real blessing during this time of waiting. Since I wasn't able to get a paying job, colunteer work has been a great way to pass the time and is an awesome way to spend your day. If you don't volunteer at all, I highly recommend it. I've also been spending plenty of time reading about the areas I'm going to be at, and the more I read the more excited I become. I will have to admit though, it is a massive battle of emotions going on- excitment about going somewhere new, nervous about the living situation (I don't know where I'm going till I get off the bus in Jonkoping), nervous about expenses, but super excited about the possibilities. Well, until next times guys. I hope all is well.
Jonesy

No comments: